jabber

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Jun 29 12:03:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 13:46, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> >
> >>i've been running jabber 2 with success, just followed the instructions to the installations on jabberstudio.org. i
> >>did a fallback, as it seems that jabber2 doesn't have transports to irc, msn and icq at the moment.

While compiling jabberd-2.0s3.tar.gz

 I get this error running "./configure"

<<snipped>>
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking stringprep.h usability... no
checking stringprep.h presence... no
checking for stringprep.h... no
configure: error: Libidn >= 0.3.0 not found
{Root is working here:jabberd-2.0s3}#

Can someone guide me here please! What did I miss?

> Roger
Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE
Linux Rocks