Dynamic Traffic Limiting

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 29 16:05:13 UTC 2004

On Jun 29, 2004 at 18:27, Alex Mamtchenkov in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a network of 6 PCs connected to an internet through a linux box
>with two interfaces using masquarading.
>
>One of the PC in the network have BitTorrent running and I need to limit
>the BitTorrent according to a network load so that all the
>non-BitTorrent requests are served with the higher priority.
>
>How can I do that?

If you searched the archives, you would have found the following:

---<begin quoted mail>---
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:12, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb Cristiano Soares um 01:36:
>
> > Does anyone know a way to limit just the upload? I want to limit
the
bandwidth of a specific user. Ex:.

> > 192.168.1.20 = 128kbit upstream
> > 192.168.1.21 = 150kbit upstream

> The keyword is traffic shaping. See
>
> http://lartc.org/
> http://www.knowplace.org/shaper/
> http://www.shorewall.net/traffic_shaping.htm

Hey.. I've got Just The thing for u..

See here..

http://my-opensource.org/howto/qostrafficshaping-shorewall-wondershaper-howto.ht
ml

>--
>Best Regards,
>  Alex Mamtchenkov
---<end quoted mail>---

N.Emile...
Maybe Jesus was right when he said that the meek shall inherit the
earth -- but they inherit very small plots, about six feet by three.
		-- Lazarus Long
 12:03:00  up 1 day,  5:18,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00