FC2 and Partition Magic

Karol Pluciennik troloo at idea.net.pl
Tue Jun 29 22:42:23 UTC 2004

Thoralf Polet wrote:

 > The PM update refused to install.
 >
 > Yes, the Windows I use is XP.
 >
 > Booting both systems works fine.

Ok, in my case it looked like this:
When I partitioned my disk during installation of FC2 (the same was with
FC1) using my unallocated space on my disk I couldn't start Partition
Magic because it couldn't determine drive letters or sth.
During another install of FC2 I've made, I partitioned my disk using
Partition Magic under Windows XP and during installation of FC2 just
formatted already made partitions. Now PM works very well with all my
HDD structure.

Sorry if this is not the answer for your problem - I have only reply of
this thread (no original message) and I'm just geuessing what was going
on ;) Maybe someone will find it useful.