laptop suspend/resume FC2

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 30 03:11:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Ben Stringer wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 11:33, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
>> What's a pentium M 745?? I have a centrino 1.4G. suspend to disk works
>> fine. speedstep works. Ndiswrapper works. (with RH9, haven't installed
>> on FC2 yet)
>
> 745 is Intel's chipset designator.
>
> Your laptop (Dell D600) uses the Intel 855 chipset.

???

745 is the new naming scheme from intel (aka opteron numbering
scheme). This chip is the second generation Pentium M - (dothan core)
- which is 2MB L2 cache.

And Pentium M 745 is @ 1.8GHz

Centrino 1.4GHz - described in this theread is the 1st generation
pentium M (banias core) which is 1MB L2 cache.

Satish