FC1 -> FC2: very slow xDSL connection...

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Jun 30 08:58:35 UTC 2004

Andrea Giuliano wrote/ha scritto, On/il 30/06/2004 10:47:

>Dear Antonio,
>
>as you may have seen in my last post (the one with several outputs and
>log files), my MTU are the same as yours.
>
>One output I didn't provide yet is that of "route -N". Nevertheless I
>tried that command, as you suggested, but the result is just made up of
>two lines, and I'm almost sure they are identical to the first and last
>one of the output you provided. Previously, I saw several other lines, I
>really don't know what happened to them...
>
>Someone else suggested the problem was due to IPv6. I turned IPv6
>support off, but nothing happened: everything works exactly as before
>(or should I say, it doesn't work at all).
>
>At last, I've got a sneaky suspicion that our good old friend Telecom
>Italia has something to deal with this issue. Check the many lines in
>the tcpdump output with "host x.x.x.x unreachable - admin prohibited
>filter", and the others with "microsoft-ds". What do they mean? As
>Telecom changed something so that I simply cannot access Alice this way?
>
>I really don't know what else to try...
>
>Best regards.

I suggest that you post the output of command route -n
I am connected both at home and office with Tin.it that is not very different from Alice and I have good connection. My Ipv6 is ON on both systems and I do not suffer from any lag during websurfing.
I am surprised that you have only two lines ....I suggest to re-start from scratch to solve the problem (but not re-install of course).Some guru will help, I am sure!!!!

--
 Antonio

 Working with Mozilla 1.7 on Linux Fedora Core 2