Installing FC2 on Intel 925X PCI Express with ATi Radeon X800

Frans Coppens frans at coppens.demon.nl
Wed Jun 30 11:42:28 UTC 2004

Hi Hans,

I think I stick to the more conventional Intel 865G chipset and the
radeon 9800 PRO to keep myself away from a lot of mischief and
annoyances. I've read some rather negative reviews about intel's new pci
express architecture and ddr2. There will be litte as no performance
advantage. As for the radeon X800. I emailed ATi's linux dev team twice
but no answer. I think a driver is not to be expected very soon from
ATi.

Nevertheless, your help is really appreciated.

Cheers,

Frans