Re: compaq DLT tape drive

I found the fix. I just had to add one line to modprobe.conf and run modprobe st.

alias char-major-9 st

It works fine now.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie Wilch wrote:
I am trying to install an external Compaq DTL scsi tape drive. It is attached to an Adaptec 2940 scsi pci card which identifies the drive on boot up. However, once FC2 is booted, the tape drive appears not to be reconized. The hardware browser sees the scsi card, but not the tape drive.

I am running the regualr 2.6.6-1.435 kernel. Do I need to compile in a separate driver?

Thanks
Jamie