FC2 - Hard crash when working -> read-only fs

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Wed Jun 30 16:55:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 23:44, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> I can't say I can help you, but I am here to attest the fact that FC2
> _may_ be a bit unstable.

> On Gnome, when I try to logout/shutdown, the whole Laptop would hang. It
> would need a hard-reset to bring it back up.
This happened to me on RH9, but as I had some rawhide rpm including gtk, I could not complain.

> Yesterday, the screensaver was on, then it went off (after the
> predefined time), I came back 30 min later, moved my mouse, punched a
> few keys on the keyboard etc. and no response.
The screensaver had some bugs, and maybe still have.
That is why I normally dont activate it.
But at least, you should have some messages written in the logs...not me ;-)

Thanks anyway, this is my first crash in 3 years. Not bad ;-). I cannot
say that I miss the Blue Screen Of Death ;-)

Philippe
--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand(e)