sane-backends-1.0.14

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Wed Jun 30 17:06:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 23:54, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> Thank you for the answer. Could you tell me more about this ? I can't
> find my scanner (perfection 1670) in the list.
> Eric
Eric, search the forum for 1670, you will find some threadslike this one
:
/======================================================================/
I bought this expecting to get an Epson quality product. Specifically I
was replacing an Acer ScanPrisa 640UT. I was disappointed to discover
that the Epson 1670 appears to b e a badge engineered product. At the
least it is based on the same family of chipset as the Acer 640UT I've
come to dislike :(

Anyhow, to answer your queries:

Yes it does work on Linux. Use the Sane SnapScan backend. This is rated
as having "Basic" functionality (as compared to "Good" or "Complete")
for the 1670. You'll need Sane 1.0.13 or above.

Your Linux distribution (Debian, Suse, Slackware, et al.) should carry
this by now. apt-get is my friend.

See also:

http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ <-- especially this one

http://www.sane-project.org/