Re: FC2 - Hard crash when working -> read-only fs

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 12:25, Philippe wrote:
> FC2 - 2.6.6-1.435 - Gnome - Inter P4 2Ghz
>
> Hi,
>
> I just recovered from a hard crash as I was doing nothing special on my
> computer. I managed to come back but believe me, I am still sweating !
> I just need information to try to find what happened.
>
> What I was doing : editing a file, some web surfing, evolution ,
> downloading a file with Synaptic ... nothing special.

What does df -vh show?

What I am guessing is that maybe you filled up one of your file systems
(or your only file system).  At which point you would not be able to
write anything to disk and mayhem would ensue.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

Are you mentally here at Pizza Hut??