Xorg -configure problems

Art Werschulz agw at dsm.fordham.edu
Wed Jun 30 17:08:41 UTC 2004

Hi.

Regarding my "Xorg -configure" problem, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> Your rates look correct.  Maybe it's a problem with the graphics card.
> I have a nvidia card that does something similar when my monitor is
> connected to the Digital output, but the analog output works fine.

We're talking about four different boxes here.  I would be surprised
if there were problems with four different graphics cards.

> Try commenting out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines and let X
> figure it out.

It didn't help.  Same as before.

Another data point ... The box says

  -------------------
 |Information	     |
 |-------------------|
 |Monitor is working |
 |		     |
 |Out of scan range  |
 |Change PC setting  |
 |24.5 KHz 54Hz	     |

> Does your on-screen setup tell you what the actual rates are?

It gives me 68.6 KHz/84Hz.  However, I'm not sure where this info
should go in the stanza.

--
Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?