FC2 - Hard crash when working -> read-only fs

Wed Jun 30 17:45:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 00:10 +0700, Philippe wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 00:06, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 12:25, Philippe wrote:
> > What does df -vh show?
> /dev/hda2              36G   11G   24G  30% /
> /dev/hda1              99M  7.5M   87M   8% /boot
> none                  253M     0  253M   0% /dev/shm
>
> > What I am guessing is that maybe you filled up one of your file systems
> > (or your only file system).  At which point you would not be able to
> > write anything to disk and mayhem would ensue.
>
> No my fs are OK. This should be somewhere else.

I'd suspect a hardware problem.  Do your disks support SMART and are you
running smartd?  Check out smartctl if not familiar with it.  Would make
sure everything is backed up and consider that a new hard drive may be
in your future.