USB Key and Fedora Core 2/Gnome2.6 How-To

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jun 30 20:41:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 16:09, James Lawrence wrote:

> i guess out of dumb luck, i had my usb device inserted in my pc when i
> installed fedora 2.
> my device was configured for me durring the install.

Ah yes, then your USB memory key has most likely been configured by
kudzu, and you should be able to see this in your /etc/fstab file.  This
is also a good option, however I wanted a solution that would allow me
to mount and umount the USB key as needed.

I like to keep devices (e.g. internal HDs, CD drives etc.) that are
permanently attached (well, in comparison) in the /etc/fstab file, and
removable devices configured using autofs.

> nice article you
> might want to and in a few more cmds for users out there that are new
> linux(just a suggestion).

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.  I will update the article as
needed.  Detailing additional commands (how to use vi, for example) is a
good idea.

Regards,

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.