FC2: exporting DV over IEEE 1394?

Has anyone had any success with exporting digital video to
firewire-connected camcorders or other video equipment in FC2?

I'm using kino, and it all worked fine in FC1.  I've tried the FC2
rawhide kernel, and the latest FC2 update kernel, but the symptom is
the same: frames are not getting exported, but everything else appears
normal (camcorder begins record etc).

Tim.
*/