Sound Card Detection and Grub Loader

pdamelio at quartus.net pdamelio at quartus.net
Tue Mar 2 02:54:37 UTC 2004

Hello
My name is Paul D'Amelio and I just installed Fedora Core 1 in my Dell
computer.
I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask:
My system has a Sound Blaster live sound card and the sound card detection
utility within the Gnome desktop doesn't detect that I have a sound card
at all. I would like to know what's required to activate it.

My system has two hard drives and I installed Fedora on the second drive.
The first drive is formatted as NTFS running XP Pro. During the install I
looked at the help file and it was suggested that if NT is installed then
place the loader on the Linux partition. I can only boot into Linux via a
bootdisk. Is their a way to select lilo instead without having to
re-install?

Regards
Paul D

http://mail2web.com/ .