Fedora the right choice?

Steve Searle mail at stevesearle.com
Wed Mar 3 20:51:22 UTC 2004

Around 08:17pm on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 (UK time), George Lemos scrawled:

> level of success I am looking for? I'm planning on doing this the command
> line route all the way. I am assuming if I install this OS minus the GUI
> I'll have extra resources for the box to do its thing.

You might want to install the GUI (XWindows).  Unlike MS Windows (since
3.11 anyway), the GUI sits on top of the OS, and can be started
manually.  Especially if you are learning your way around, you might
find it easier at times to be able to run the GUI and use some of the
tools there.  When you are not working on the server, you can take it
down releasing all your processing power for your services.

Cheers

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com