IDENTD

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Mar 4 08:35:25 UTC 2004

At 00:45 3/4/2004, you wrote:
>Could someone please point me to a howto on installing and configuring IDENTD
>in Fedore Core 2.

I think it's just as simple as installing the pidentd RPM package. I much
prefer to uninstall it and REJECT the port at the firewall, but those doing
IRC may need an ident server running. Also check "chkconfig --list pidentd"
to see whether the service is set to start automatically, and "service
pidentd start" to actually get it going.

P.S. Fedora Core 2 has not been released yet. You are using either Fedora
Core 1, or Fedora Core 2 (Test 1). If the latter, it is a testing release
and not the final one.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com