[ANNOUNCE] New mailing list: fedora-selinux

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 16:18:48 UTC 2004

David Limon Romero wrote:

> El Sáb 06 Mar 2004 12:32 AM, Andrew Robinson escribió:
>

>>James Morris wrote:
>>
>>>This is to announce the availablity of a new Fedora mailing list for
>>>SELinux-specific discussion.
>>
>>Pardon the dumb question, but what is "SELinux"?
>

> more info here:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/selinux/
> http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

Do you realize that in the first link, nowhere does it define what
SELinux is? So if not for the second link, I would still be ignorant.

I'm going off topic here. This is a pet peeve of mine. Someone will post
an annoucement of an application or package on a mailing list or USENET
news group. The announcement will describe in great detail what has been
done to the software since the last release. However, the announcement
will never reveal what the software does in the first place.

OK, there's my mini-rant for the day...:)

Andrew Robinson