Password-protecting fedora.

Sturla Holm Hansen sturlahh at online.no
Sun Mar 7 08:01:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 08:04, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Steve Bergman wrote:
>
> > Jeff Allison wrote:
> >
> >> Although not an answer but why?
> >>

> > I would guess to keep casual users from easily snooping your mail. :-)
> >
> > -Steve
>
> On Linux????    each user has their own mailbox and it is already secure.
> If the original poster is allowing everybody to use the same account I
> can see that but if so they are not using the already built in security.

I know about the built-in security, I was just asking if it was possible
to pw-protect evolution the way I described because then I wouldn't have
to lock my screen for leaving the computer for a few minutes and I
wouldn't have to log in with another account when somebody wanted to
borrow it for something...
If this was a corporate computer it wouldn't be an issue, I would never
let anyone do anything with my account on a corporate network, this is
my home computer though, and there are allways people visiting that
needs to check their mail, or print something out etc...

Sturla