Mounting Network Drive(s)

Jwp live4bacon at optonline.net
Sun Mar 7 19:32:47 UTC 2004

Hehe, little to fast on the draw there sorry about that.

I run a small FTP server for friends and family through  my Linux box, and
due to Hard Disk space limitations I store the files on a windows machine
with a much larger HDD.  Now in order to allow each user access I have
mounted the shared windows drive (XPSHARE) into each FTP user's Home Dir.

Is this a bad practice?  If so is there another way to provide users access
to the network drive, while keeping them in CHROOT jail?  I tried mounting
the network drive to an external mount point and then mapping this folder to
the user home dirs (but obviously that didn't work, understand I am new to
linux).

Thanks for your time,

JP