Getting noticed so you can get support

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fedora.1.90 at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 12 21:23:49 UTC 2004

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

>On Friday 12 March 2004 11:57 am, Gertjan Vinkesteijn wrote:
>

>> Because my girlfriend was in, I showed her the login screen with a
>>flashing yellow color, yellow is her favorit color, instead of the usual
>>geForge screen?
>>1. it flashed okay
>>2. my machine stayed on hanging on mounting local file systems
>>3. no sweat, i am sowhat paranoya, thus i put win2000 repair disk
>>4. i outcommented with a # the ntfs line in /etc/fstab
>>5. bah, still hanging
>>6. i removed the ntfs line, it worked fantastico
>>7. for one thing no, gaim would not logon to messenger any longer
>>8. my logitech mouse is still bizar
>>

>Gertjan,
>
>Getting support on a public mailing list isn't always easy. The people who
>have the answers you are looking for are very busy. You have to catch their
>eye with a good subject line, and then keep your post simple.
>
>I would suggest breaking up your issues into seperate emails. Here are some
>suggestions for the subject lines I would use:
>
>(2) Hangs during mount of local NTFS filesystem
> - You might want to mention that you commented out the NTFS line
>in /etc/fstab
> - You may want to talk about what else you have tried, what the symptoms
>are, etc...
>
>(7) GAIM not working with Messenger any longer
>-  What messenger service are you using? MSN? AOL? Something local that
>isn't here in the US?
>- How did you get it to work before?
>
>(8) Logitech mouse behaving strangely
> - What have you tried?
> - What is it doing?
>
>Go ahead and post again and maybe someone with the right info will reply. I
>unfortunately can't help you much beyond this.
>
>Also, try to keep personal comments and such off the list. It is a busy list
>and if everyone posts about their personal life, then it will be harder to
>find the real issues, and those who can help will stop reading it
>altogether.
>
>Good luck, I hope you get the help you need.

Yes, sorry, sometime I am too enthousiastic and dutch, it is true that
the logitech mouse button is still not working too good. If you imply on
a public patform that I cannot accuse Microsoft of anything, that is
what we all do, but not say... Oh boy, what are gringo's hypocrit, even
worse then english persons, believe me, I have experience.

Bye whenever you wish

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl