HP ScanJet 4570 (or 5500)

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 21:59:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:41:23PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 17.03.2004 schrieb Pinco um 18:40:

> > how can I use this scanner with FC1?
>
> The scanner is not supported by sane - so no specific FC1 issue. See:
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#HEWLETT-PACKARD

Do send HP a letter.

They are a Linux player.  Let them know that hp scanner
support on Linux is important to you!  Be specific
about the model and functions you want.

Depending on what is under the hood, they can go the nVidia path
if they must.  Same for the keepers of wireless adapters.

As long as we can get a plugin...

I have a scanner by OneTouch that is a paper weight.  I was given it
by my brother when he updated his M$ OS and found it was not
supported.  OneTouch has lost big time with me, first they abandoned
my brother on MS and they keep the door closed for Linux.  Two strikes...

I hate tossing hardware for want of a driver.  The vendors that fail
to update drivers when I think they could are on my black list.

Please avoid rekindling the nVidea is not opensource flame fest
Vote with your pocket book....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l