120GB disk problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Mar 23 19:47:58 UTC 2004

jludwig wrote:
> Remember also swap space can not be over 2 Gbytes.

Correction.  Any single swap partition or swap file cannot exceed 2G.
You can have multiple swap partitions or files to give you the swap
you need.  I have several servers with 8GB of RAM.  To give me the 2x
RAM swap the client wanted (unnecessary, but what are you going to do?)
I used 4 2G swap partitions and 4 2G swap files.

It ain't pretty, but it works.

> There is little gained for a single user workstation over 512 Mbytes as
> far as I have read.

Depends on what you're doing.  For 99% of the folk out there, that's
true.
-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -