Installation freezes on CD-TEST at the begining

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Thu Mar 25 16:05:34 UTC 2004

Diego Medina wrote:

>Hi, I have a HP Notebook(ze4630us) and have the following problem: When
>trying to install Fedora Core1 or RH9, my computer freezes when the
>CD-Test is about to start, It doesnt even let me press OK or Skip Test, It
>shows me the window with the question and freezes completelly, Id like to
>know if anyone has had this problem and what whas the solution, if any.
>Thanks in advance

Have you tried a text mode installation?  Type "linux text" at the boot
prompt.  (The default is a graphical mode installation).  See if it still
hangs, at that point.  If you have access to another machine you might want
to do the media check and verify it's OK, but it sounds like you've tried
at least 2 CD sets (FC1 and RH9) already.

David Liguori