KDE with duel heads - for referance

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Mon Mar 29 19:05:42 UTC 2004

jludwig wrote:
> I never considered modifying default anti-aliasing or font rendering. I
> don't use xinerama since xinerama stretches the screen. This leaves me
> with, in essence, two single monitor systems using the same display
> manager, mouse and keyboard. I found that I much prefer running this way
> even though I can't move applications from one screen to another. At
> times it is inconvenient but the lessening of visual strain
> significantly increases the overall usefulness and productivity of the
> system.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I'm curious. How does being able to
move windows between displays create visual strain? On both my work and
home dual-head machines I don't see any difference in how applications
are displayed between xinerama, non-xinerama dual-head or just plain
single head. I don't see any visual strain inducing problems at all.

The one exception to this had to do with a bug which used to exist in X
that caused OpenOffice to put too much space between characters, this
has been fixed, however.

Peter