LaTeX (tetex) files?

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Mon Mar 1 06:15:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 03:21:36 +0100, Manuel Carro <mcarro at fi.upm.es> wrote:

>     Hi.  I am an old-time LaTeX user, and I am missing some files in
> the LaTeX distribution which comes with FC1 + updates.  For example,
> the utopia font package (utopia.sty) and listings package are not in
> place.  In can copy them from some other machine, but I prefer not to
> mess with system-installed files.  Has anyone had the same problem?
> Should I update tetex to the FC2 packages?  Which distribution:
> fedora.us or fedora.redhat?
>
>     Thanks in advance for all and any help.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have a bunch of style files I use that are
non-tetex standard. The easiest way I've found to manage them while
updating or re-installing the OS is to keep them in directories on my work
partition somewhere and then set up symlinks to them in
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex.

Dont forget to run texhash to update latex's database afterwards! Then its
just a matter of using the style files as usual.

Cheers.

--
Daniel Stonier
snorri_dj at operamail.com