I need advice about hardware :) Tv tuner, Video card,etc..

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 1 21:33:45 UTC 2004

Adam Voigt wrote:
> I don't personally have it running, but a friend of mine has an ATI 9800
> Pro, that works fine.
>

> On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 13:59, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>>Did you get 3d working properly with your ATI 9600.  I gave up on the
>>ATI and purchased a NVidia.
>>

>>--
>>Robin Laing

As the question was in regards to a new system.  I wanted to make sure
that 3D was clarified.  For this reason I would not recommend the ATI
card.  This was the reason that I dumped my ATI.

Now I know why people like Tux Racer, my daughter loves it. :)

ATI acutally states on their site (as of January) that their drivers
don't do 3D on the 9600.  For many games, 3D will be required and for
a new machine, it may be wanted.

--
Robin Laing