RH ES2.1, how to upgrade to kernel 2.6?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Mar 1 21:42:58 UTC 2004

Hi, I know this list is for fedora, but I don't know of an enterprise
mail list, and I figured some of you out there may run ES 2.1 and could
help.  I have a server I need to upgrade to kernel 2.6 for >2GB file
size for samba file support.  I recompiled from redhat 9 source rpms the
required things, except binutils, procps, and modutils won't compile
with rpmbuild --rebuild, they all error out.  So I thought maybe I could
just download the RH9 binary rpms and install them, but it errors saying
failed dependancies, libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) required.  RedHat ES 2.1 comes
with glibc 2.2.4, so I'm looking for some suggestions how to upgrade
these 3 packages so I can upgrade to kernel 2.6.  any suggestions?  Thanks!