routing

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Tue Mar 2 04:21:01 UTC 2004

linux server wrote:

>How do I set it up so that the ip_forward is set permanently, when I
>reboot it sets it back to 0.  Also if I set the ip_forward to 1 am I
>using the zebra program or am I using the O/S
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Richard Tracy

Make it persistent by editing the /etc/sysctl.conf file changing

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0

To a 1 instead.

Routing is built-in, not zebra.  There is no router to router protocol
involved here so only the routes configured staticly or from bringing up
interfaces are known.  See output of 'route' command (run as root) to
see what the configured routes are.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021