Characters code, country and gnome langage...

Tue Mar 2 07:11:20 UTC 2004

Hello,
I have a problem since I use FC1 that I was not having with MDK, but I
do not know if it is related to FC1 or just a configuration thing that I
did not find...

To sum up:
- I am French
- I need to use the French characters code for the files name (including
é,à, ...) - all the files that I created under MDK and that have à,é,
... characters in their names give me errors in saying invalid
characters codes
- BUT I want the langage of the menu, the configurations, etc... in
gnome in English!

Is it then possible to configure the system saying that I am living in
France, and then need the french characters code BUT I do not want to
see any menu in French as it looks ugly and does not sound good...

Thxs in advance
Ludo
http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...), Freeware...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!