Statistical Package (like Minitab) for Linux

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 20:11:49 UTC 2004

The best package of all (both in terms of features as well as cost), R, is
available for free, at www.r-project.org. Try it out: however, if you are
looking for a GUI-based package, you will be disappointed.

R is similar to Splus which is available to purchase from www.insightful.com --
however, it is far ahead and pretty much better in all respects, in my
considered opinion. I have both products and hardly use Splus anymore.

On another note, I wonder why this is not included in Fedora. SuSE includes it,
perhaps because they are European.

Best wishes!