FEDORA-2004-085: perl 5.8.3-10 available for FC1

Chip Turner cturner at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 02:52:13 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> writes:

> Which packages using Perl have to be recompiled? Will SpamAssassin need
> no rpmrebuild? I thought it has static links.

Nothing *should* require rebuilding except mod_perl (which was shipped
with this update).  However...

> I am using irssi with the spec file from Dag at it segfaulted. I had to
> rebuild it with new Perl 5.8.3.

... looks like you found something that may.  Interesting.  Some apps
that embed perl may result in segfaults, but initial testing looked
promising (gaim, xchat2, vim) in our testing and in the 'testing'
update collection.

If anyone else notices any segfaults or otherwise odd behavior
(especially with redhat-shipped packages, but also with third-party
packages and rpms you may have built yourself), please either file a
bugzilla or mail the list asap.

Thanks,
Chip

Chip Turner                   cturner at redhat.com