Fedora the right choice?

George Lemos listreader at lemosnet.com
Wed Mar 3 20:17:17 UTC 2004

I am building a server to do several things. Host a simple website and web
forum, host a voice communications utility, and run a multiplayer game
server for about 20-25 people. FYI system specs P4 1.4ghz, 1GB ram. I can
easily get this going on a windows server which is what I do for a living.
But in an effort to force myself to learn and get more experience with Linux
I would like to commit to running this box with Linux.

Linux may use less of the boxes resources too.

Is fedora the right choice for me? Will this distro of Linux get me to the
level of success I am looking for? I'm planning on doing this the command
line route all the way. I am assuming if I install this OS minus the GUI
I'll have extra resources for the box to do its thing.

As a Linux novice, anything I should know or look into, be aware of, etc
that people on this list can recommend to me will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
/g