SCSI problem - Adaptec AHA-2940UW adapter in Compac Professional Workstation AP200

Matt Morgan matt.morgan at brooklynmuseum.org
Wed Mar 3 20:55:48 UTC 2004

On 03/03/2004 02:56 PM, Johnny Smith wrote:

>I just have the one scsi adapter
>[a Compac/Adaptec AHA-2940UW]
>
>thanks
>
>johnny

In that case, I can't explain what you're seeing, but probably the "SCSI
BIOS not installed" message is a red herring, and I wouldn't worry about
it. At least, I wouldn't worry about it first. Maybe there are two
separate channels on that card? Or maybe it's one of the ones where the
internal and external sides are enabled independently? Or maybe your
scanner doesn't handle active termination well, so that end of the chain
isn't terminated? Personally, I think the card is probably OK and it's
something else.

I guess, follow the instructions the other respondent sent to get
started. Try compaq.com first, and adaptec.com second for bios &
firmware updates.