Installation Ok, bot nothing boot

Frédéric Bournival frederic at acolytecommunication.com
Wed Mar 3 22:00:54 UTC 2004

Thank you for taking the time to help me...
I'm a newbee in Linux installation ...

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mi, den 03.03.2004 schrieb Frédéric Bournival um 22:26:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>my installation of Fedora is succesfull, but GRUB
>>don't want to boot anything after it ...
>>

>Better describe your problem in future better. What happens exactly? You
>may also post your /etc/grub.conf.

When i boot my system now, i only see "GRUB" and that's it ...
Here is my /etc/grub.conf
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Code (2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp)
  root (hd0,0)
  kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
  initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp.img
title Fedora Code (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
  root (hd0,0)
  kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
  initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img

>>When i was installing the system, Fedora was seeing
>>2 drives, not only one RAID drive ... is that a problem ?
>>

>It might! If you have no other system on your drives installed, like a

I just want to have linux on my machine, it's for web services, and i
don't like IIS :)

>The problem is, that those onbaord "RAID" controllers are no real
>hardware controllers. It is just BIOS supported software RAID and the
>RAID feature only works through software driver support.
>
>How did you install Fedora? Did you set up software RAID? Did you
>install just on 1 harddrive?

Yes just on one drive, and no software raid, i want this to be Hardware

>>My system is:
>>
>>- Intel 865PE Neo2 Series
>>- 2 hard drives in Serial ATA in Hardware RAID1
>>

>Did you load any driver for having RAID support during installation?

No driver at all ... how can i load this ?

--
<http://www.acolytecommunication.com/>

*Frédéric Bournival | * Programmeur analyste

Téléphone : (819) *378-4242*
Télécopieur : (819) 378-6398
frederic at acolytecommunication.com
<mailto:frederic at acolytecommunication.com>