USB cf reader problem unmounting

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Wed Mar 3 22:51:29 UTC 2004

Polashek, Matthew wrote:

>/mnt/flash: device is busy
>
>Any idea why I might be getting this error?
>
>Matt

>This email may contain confidential material.
>If you were not an intended recipient,
>please notify the sender and delete all copies.
>We may monitor email to and from our network.

I have seen this on many occasions; For me, at least, it appears as if
nautilus is keeping a reference for itself.  That is, I have an icon on
my desktop representing the CF device, and I can't umount from the
command line - I can only unmount by right clicking on the desktop icon
and selecting the unmount option.  There are times when I physically
have to kill nautilus from the command line to have it relenquish
control, allowing me to unmount the device.

HTH...

--
Keven Ring                      | They called it Paradise
Lead Software Systems Engineer  |   I don't know why...