pci=off problem

Guy Bouchard gbouchar at boutiqueduvelo.com
Thu Mar 4 00:41:02 UTC 2004

Athanasios Velios a e'crit :
> Dear all,
>
> I would be extremely grateful for a bit of advice for a beginner like me...
>
> The installation of Fedora on my laptop crashed continuously, up to the
> point I used the parameter pci=off. With pci=off, Fedora installed fine.
> However, I can not
> get it to start, now. When it boots, it freezes after loading the firewire
> driver.
> The last two lines before it freezes are:

I think you will have to add the pci parameter in your startup file. On
my system it is in /boot/grub/grub.conf. It is probably somewhere else
for someone without dual boot. I have booted with the CD (and pci
parameter) in rescue mode and modified the file. It was working alright
after that. I am really new to linux so i maybe not clear enough.

Good luck!

Guy

--
Guy Bouchard