Fedora the right choice?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Mar 4 05:28:31 UTC 2004

At 14:35 3/3/2004, you wrote:
>FYI, I'm running a 450MHz PIII box with 596MB memory as a small server doing
>mail (POP and IMP webmail for user interface, sendmail as the MTA, and file
>and print services for the PCs in the house).  Most of the time the machine
>sits idle.  It's connected via a 100Mbps el-cheapo network card to the
>broadband router.

Heh... I'm using two machines with Pentium (Classic) CPUs at 166MHz, 32MB
of RAM, and a 1GB hard drive as firewall/gateway, DHCP, DNS, and NTP
servers. One runs at my house, with three or four client machines behind
it, and the other runs at my office with about 30 machines behind it. Both
work like a charm, run Fedora Core 1 with my idea of a minimal install, and
*still* sit idle most of the time.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com