Kickstart install

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Thu Mar 4 18:47:26 UTC 2004

Hi Steve,

If I were you I would remove the "--resolve-deps" arg to packages. This way the
install will stop and wait for you to click ok. I believe that this will allow
you to see what packages depend on what. Otherwise you'll wind up with extra
packages installed that you may or may not notice.

I would only trust the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg as a guide to how a ks file should
be setup. It is, presumably, made by the same code that powers the
redhat-kickstart-configurator (or whatever it's called), and at this point in
time it is not quite "all there" :-)
The RH-CG will prove to be a far more informative way of setting up your
kickstarts. Good luck!

HTH,
Harry

Quoting Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>:

*> >
*> OK.  Thanks!   So I guess that explains this at the botton of
*> /root/anaconda-ks.cfg:
*>
*> %packages --resolvdeps
*>
*> @icelandic-support
*> @finnish-support
*> @danish-support

--
Harry Hoffman
hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
radical:
1) Someone waiting in line to become "The Establishment"