RPM database

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Mar 4 22:59:19 UTC 2004

Jason Dixon wrote:

> Just restore from your backups, then rpm --rebuilddb.

Sadly this was our backup server , and we never made a backup of it ...
just from the other machines... I found out that I've lost the index
files for the amanda backups I had , so I can simply reinstall my server
now...
The odd thing: it was installed on a set of raid 1 partitions... /boot
and / were different on each disk ( /boot had the old 2149 kernel on one
disk and the other had only 2166 and 2174 kernels..) I wish I knew why
this difference , as raid 1 is supposed to be mirroring...

But thanks for the help guys..

--
Pedro Macedo