MB freaked out Was: kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl is fuxored x,x

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Mar 4 23:28:21 UTC 2004

Sorry developers.

:-[            It appears as though my Motherboard freaked out.

After rebooting with kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl to get dmesg output, none
of my kernels would boot properly.

After checking everything a bunch of times, still no joy. I tried a few
BIOS settings, to make sure that the RAM and CPU were not being over
driven {1.7GHz Celeron and 333MHz DDR}, still no joy. Lowered memory
speed in steps down to 200MHz then everthing seems to work again.

Weird!

I better check to make sure Bill Gates wasn't in my office. :-)

Me thinks, me might want to get me a new motherboard.

Guy Fraser wrote:

> Someone screwed this one up.
>
> Once installed, the default background (default.png) would not work,
> and neither would mozilla. Strangely enough other backgrounds did work.
>
> Switched back to kernel-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl and the default background
> and mozilla work again.
>
> If I wanted that kind of quality assurance I would call Bill Gates,
> and buy some of his cruft.

The Bill Gates part was a joke, he couldn't pay me to use his cruft. You guy's mustn't have heard the "redneck tech support call" wav that was going around a couple years ago.

Have a nice day