What monitor type should I choose?

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 14:08:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 13:53, Dan Pelton wrote:
> I just installed fedora Core 1 on my Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop with a 15 inch SXGA+
> (Maximum Resolution: 1400 x 1050). What monitor type should I choose?
>
> I have a 64MB nVidia Quadro FX Go5200 video card.
>
> I had to do the install in text mode because graphical mode didn't work. Did I
> do something wrong or this this a common problem?
>
> thanks,
> Dan

I've got a 5100 with that screen. I found that if I had the monitor set
as a "Dell laptop panel" it wouldn't work at 1400x1050. It would all
corrupt. So I set it as a generic LCD 1400x1050 and it works fine.

I've got a Radeon 7500 and experienced no problem installing
graphically. I don't know much about linux but I imagine you needed to
have specified a display mode at the boot prompt of the CD.