APT-questions...

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Fri Mar 5 14:43:17 UTC 2004

because of the dependency-problems with yum (see my earlier mail on this
list), i tried apt, and i use it with the rep.-list (just marked the
jpackage and all the testing-reps. out) from atrpms.
however, it holds some updates back (because of unsatisfied deps.?) -
see output below.

the problem now is that some of these updates are needed to install kde
3.2 (i haven't currently installed kde at all on my system)

when i try to make dist-upgrade, it will install them all, but remove
gnome (do i have to activate NyQuist for Fedora Core 1 to satisfy the
dependencies-keeping gnome? which gnome is provided?)...!

so how to install kde (and the kept rpms) while keeping gnome (i've read
the tutorial over at fedoranews.org, but trying to install kde manually
as advised there will cause the same dep.-problems as i'm currently
experiencing, no?!)

thx for help!

thx.

[root at localhost xxx]# apt-get upgrade
Lese Paketlisten... Fertig
Erzeuge Abhängigkeitsbaum... Fertig
Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden
  arts autoconf autofs automake automake14 automake15 automake16
diffstat
  docbook-dtds docbook-style-dsssl docbook-style-xsl expat expat-devel
gd
  gd-devel gnupg gtk+ gtk+-devel gtk2 gtk2-devel libogg libogg-devel
  libraw1394 libvorbis libvorbis-devel lirc make openjade perl-DateManip
  perl-HTML-Parser perl-XML-Parser pyxf86config qt redhat-artwork
sgml-common
  tetex xml-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 entfernt und 37 nicht upgegradet.