whole screen blinking when typing in xterm or gnome-terminal.

Cheok Yan Cheng yccheok at programmer.net
Sat Mar 6 08:22:33 UTC 2004

there is some problems that i am facing while using Fedora Core-up(2.4.22.1.2115.nptl)

there is one serious problem that i had encounter. my whole screen will blink when i do the following operation on xterm or gnome-terminal.

(1) press "backspace" on xterm or gnome-terminal when no more items (command) to be deleted.
(2) press tab on xterm or gnome-terminal.
(3) press Insert, Page Up, Detele, End, Page Down button, F1, F2......

may i know how can i solve this problem? i dun think is my display problem since all the setting are detected automatically and they are correct.

thank you.

regards
yan cheng