fedora-list at redhat.com

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 6 11:05:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 11:26:35AM +0100, Manuel Carro wrote:

> >> Part of this seems related to the fact that they changed all the config
> >> package names from 'redhat-config-*' to 'system-config-*'
>
>     Hum, yes, this renaming makes of course a lot of sense.
>
> >> It worked for me to run "yum remove 'redhat-config-*'", -then- upgrade.
>
>     What a brave move!!! I'll try, though...

If this is with regard to the FCtest (rawhide) stuff
a number of the:
   /etc/security/console.apps/*helper
files are confused by the redhat-config-* --> system-config-*
name changes.  It is possible to bypass this stuff if you
look at how $PATH and the triple file set works.  Look
at the symbolic links....
   /etc/security/console.apps/redhat-cdinstall-helper
   /usr/bin/redhat-cdinstall-helper
   /usr/sbin/redhat-cdinstall-helper

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l