Rebooting with FC1

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Mar 6 13:56:09 UTC 2004

HD wrote:

> Rebooting isn't working properly any more for some reason. I am not
> sure why or when it actually stared happening, since I don't reboot
> very often. But I know it used to work just fine with FC1. What is
> happening now is that whenever I reboot, the HP screen comes up but
> the boot does not continue. It hangs on that screen. I can use
> CTRL-ALT-DEL at this point and that will bring the HP screen up again
> and the boot continues as normal. I have no idea where this new
> (mis)behavior is coming from. When I power down the computer and boot
> cold it works just as it should.

> I am using grub, kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl and KDE 3.2  on an HP
> pavilion XL768 - athlon

I have FC1 on a box shared with OS/2, Win98 & SuSE 8.1. When I reboot
from FC1 and choose to boot either Win98 or SuSE 8.1, neither find any
mouse. After using FC1, to get mouse in Win98 or SuSE, the machine must
be powered down first. This didn't happen with RHL 9, which FC1
replaced.
--
"Surely God would not have created such a being as man to exist only
a day! No, no, man was made for immortality."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/