Text editors

Dale A. Raby publisher at thegreenbayweb.com
Sun Mar 7 17:54:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:10:29AM +0000, Andy Green wrote:

I used to (and still do} like Pico, which is installed with the Pine
mail client.  In Fedora C1, a seemingly identical editor is invoked by
typing in "nano".  It is especially kind to newbies as it has a menu at
the bottom of the screen that is simple to use.  I suppose it will never
be as popular as Emacs or Vi, but it does everything I need it to do.
Gedit works well withing a GUI, and is also kind to newbies.  Which
editor to use is a subject for a book!