Password-protecting fedora.

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Sun Mar 7 13:56:08 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Jeff Allison
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 11:08 AM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Password-protecting fedora.

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 19:01, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:

> I know about the built-in security, I was just asking if it was possible
> to pw-protect evolution the way I described because then I wouldn't have
> to lock my screen for leaving the computer for a few minutes and I
> wouldn't have to log in with another account when somebody wanted to
> borrow it for something...
> If this was a corporate computer it wouldn't be an issue, I would never
> let anyone do anything with my account on a corporate network, this is
> my home computer though, and there are allways people visiting that
> needs to check their mail, or print something out etc...

You could probably replace the evolution binary with a wrapper-script
that has some kind of security check before executing the actual binary
I don't know of anything builtin that would do this, and you might have
issue with other programs that call evo is mailto: links, but I still
think locking the display is simpler, for the other issues duno
--

No. Just do not save your password in evolution, and just close it when you
are not using it. And do not save email onto your hard disk. If you are