pctel HSP56 modem compilation problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 7 21:01:44 UTC 2004

Am So, den 07.03.2004 schrieb aolinto_list at bignet.com.br um 21:37:
> Thanks for your message Dalloz,
>
> I tryed to go beyond but I got only error messages.
>
> I will see what I can do and how to change the compiler version. The one I´m
> using came in the instalation CDs I downloaded.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Antonio

Antonio,

gcc version 3.2 comes with FC1 (on the CDs as well online) too, just
because the Fedora kernel is build with this version. You need at least
to change in Makefile "CC = gcc" to "CC = gcc32".

In your initial posting you said you are a Linux/Fedora beginner. Maybe
you have previous UNIX experience or even compiler knowledge. Else it
may be hard to work through the needed steps to compile the driver
module for the modem.

Much luck - and fun :)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 21:57:04 up 16 days, 23:30, load average: 1.22, 1.11, 1.08
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]