madwifi unresolved symbols [solved]

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fedora.1.90 at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 8 00:31:40 UTC 2004

Peter Boy wrote:

>Ok, I deinstalled kernel-source and my madwifi tree
>and made a new download. And now it's working. There
>is nothing wrong with madwifi, must have been a
>local problem.
>

>Thanks for all the advice
>
>Peter

For whom it may concern, where you put the kernel source does not matter.
I put it in /usr/src, if you are not precise enough, do it all as
ordinary user, use su then only in 'make install'I do the whole chebang
as su as follows:
# ls -d /usr/src/<kernel.x.x.x>
# cd !$
# cd configs
# look for the config file what suits you, if you are wise then you also
look at the contents
# cp <configfile> ../.config
# cd ..
// now you can make a choice, as in : make help
// but first ed Makefile and change 'custom' to whatever, DO NOT change
the version numbers
// because then you have to change the dirname also.
// After that do
# oldconfig
// Then
make menuconfig || gconfig || xconfig // see make help
# don't nee make dep in the 2.6x kernels
# make
# make modules_install
# make install
// Pls look at /boot/grub/grub.conf if everthing is what you want, DO
NOT DO grubby or whatever
// You only need to check grub.conf
That's all foulks

--